Search This Blog

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Keep all the rabbits out

Hi, welcome to my blog Mr.D. If you are curious about why I named my blog this way, please don't ask. It just came to my mind from nowhere.
I'd like to start my blog with an Australian TVC that is made for Telstra BigPond, An internet service provider in Australia, called Rabbits. In fact, I think this ad is so cleverly done that it has had a major contribution to BigPond's market share, so I've decided to put it up here so we can discuss about it.
Here is the TVC:

Isn't it amazing how the internet has permeated in our lives? After watching this ad, I cannot stop thinking how internet has enbaled marketers to do such a cool stuff. This ad is an e-marketing per se. Today, we can see ads pretty much every where we go. But seriously, I think because of the internet it has allowed people, particularly marketers, to share their thoughts and ideas to people out there is the world.

The internet surely allows marketers to do a lot new stuff that they would've not been able to do in the past. However, how effective is adverstising through the internet? I reckon it probably would not be so effective, at least to me it isn't. Most of the time I just ignore whatever ads appear on the screen. I either am not interested in those ads, or I am too scared to get some kind of virus or spam on my computer.

1 comment:

  1. The real question is though that even if u do ignore those ads, are there any that have stuck with you from having such repetition that eventually you have remembered it an it has influenced u in some way.

    Yes i know that there is a fear of getting viruses or being spammed, lord knows I've had more than my fare share, but at the some time the old saying of curiosity kills the cat holds true for these situations, eventually you'll break down and when you do there will be a banner ad waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete